The saying may be cliché, but it still rings true. Content is king.
Content refers to online materials that may include images, articles, videos, social media posts, and more. With the internet being the platform where consumers typically engage most with your brand, the right content will put your best foot forward. You want it to be attractive, engaging, easy to scan, attention-grabbing and SEO optimized.
When it comes to getting great content, you will want to think about content marketing services and content marketing solutions. Both will help you boost your online visibility and engagement, but which is best for business?
This article will explore the differences between the two to find you the answers you are looking for.
What are Content Marketing Services?
Content marketing is a digital strategy that revolves around the creation of content. It includes materials, graphics, videos and any other type of readable or consumable assets. The goal of this content is to increase traffic, boost business and drive conversions. Unique content can also make you a leader in your field.
What are Content Marketing Solutions?
Content marketing solutions typically provide similar services as compared to other content marketing companies but include an overall audit of your web site. All elements of the site will be reviewed to determine how well articles are performing. An expert will work with your site to add features like metadata, keywords, alt tags, tag titles and more. This is what will really drive your site to the top of search engines.
Now let’s take a look at both categories of content marketing to better understand them and what they can do for your business.
Content Marketing Services
Here is what you can expect to get when you go with a content marketing service.
Blog writing is a content marketing basic. Every brand should have a blog section on their web site so they can provide an ongoing stream of articles that will attract traffic and bring value to the brand’s target audience.
Elements of SEO should be incorporated within blog writing such as a strategic use of keywords and titles. Blogs that are easy to read and scannable will also come into play in helping websites get to the top of search engines. Links should be integrated as well.
However, when a solutions expert comes in, they may add tweaks that are beyond a writer’s capabilities. We’ll flesh that out more in our Solutions section.
Images are an important part of content marketing. Attractive images will boost your site’s aesthetics and they will help tell your brand story.
Marketing experts will tell you to avoid generic stock images at all costs. Therefore, you may want to call in a professional photographer to help you get images that will make your site look its best. (If that’s not an option then premium stock images can work.)
Once images are included, you can add alt tags and alt text to boost SEO. Again, that falls more on the content managing solutions side.
Videos are an important element of content marketing. Many marketers claim it is one of the most effective ways to reach a customer base because it tells a whole story. It uses audio and visual elements to paint a company picture.
Like images, videos should be professionally done and you can use them for a variety purposes including the following:
· How to videos
· Educational videos
· Behind the scenes videos
· Product demonstrations
· Company culture
…and the list goes on.
Graphics are related to images, but here we are talking more about the logos and the way a website is laid out.
A graphic designer may be brought in to create a logo and make sure your site has a cohesive brand image. They may also create designs for ads that you can use to connect with consumers on other platforms.
It is also possible to use stock graphics. However, the general consensus is, these graphics that are not original reflect poorly on the brand. And if you borrow graphics, you run the risk of copyright infringement.
Social media is an important cornerstone of the digital marketing process.
In regard to social media, content marketing will involve creating engaging posts and publishing them at optimal times.
There are several types of posts that can be published on social media. Ideally, you’ll want to include some type of image as image posts get the most engagement. Once again, a professional image will speak well for your brand.
You will also want to include engaging copy which can be challenging considering you are working within the restraints of limited characters that so many platforms impose. It’s a good idea to get a copywriter on board that knows what they are doing.
A good copywriter will also be able to incorporate effective hashtags (on sites where they come into play) to boost visibility.
Beyond creating unique posts, social media is a great resource for sharing existing content such as blogs you published on your site, new product info and blogs other people have published that you think may be relevant.
Content Marketing Solutions
Now that you have all this great content, you’ll want to make it work for you. That’s where content marketing solutions come in.
I know what you’re thinking…this is starting to look an awful lot like the content marketing services section.
Well, the truth is, the two overlap a lot, but here’s how content marketing solutions can provide that little extra something.
In addition to writing an engaging blog, a content marketing solution service will provide the following:
· Title Tag: A content marketing solution service will make sure your keyword appears in the title of your blog. This is a strategy that will help Google recognize your article so it is more likely to get to the top of search engine pages when people seek out your services.
· Keywords in the Slug: WordPress and other site builders call the location of a web page it’s slug. The slug is the letters and words that appear after the website name, dot com and slash on each page of the site. And guess what? Slugs should include keywords as well.
· Headings: Headings are great for scannability, but they also help Google recognize your content so, yep, this is another place where you’ll want to include keywords. This includes H1, H2, H3 headings and so on.
· Keywords in Links: Ideally, each of your web pages will have a link that connects it to another page on your website. This will provide optimal on page SEO. But instead of using terms like ‘click here’ or ‘this link; you should use, that’s right… a keyword.
· Meta-Descriptions: When creating a web site, most web building platforms will prompt you to enter a meta-description. This is a short piece of text that describes the page and it’s a good idea to have it because it will show up in Google so people can see what your page has to offer before they click. Meta descriptions, keywords…yeah, you get it.
· Keywords in Text: At this point, it may go without saying that keywords should be in your text as well. For maximum effectiveness, a keyword will appear in the first and last paragraphs and once or twice in the middle of the content if it’s a longer piece. It should also appear in headings and those links to other pages we were talking about earlier. Keywords should be boldfaced or italicized once in the content if you can do it in a way that appears natural.
The right content marketing solution service may also provide you with great images, or at least provide some insight on how you can attain great images. But where their expertise really comes into play is in optimizing images so they help you rank higher for SEO purposes.
Here are some things that can be done to achieve this goal.
· Name Your Image Using Keywords: The first thing to do is to name your image before you upload it. So if the image is 123456.Jpeg, rename it as sinksnewyork.jpeg, or whatever your keyword may be.
· Set the Alt Tag: An alt tag is the text that the viewer will see if the image is not available. It helps Google figure out what to look for in a search. It also tells blind people what the image is. Your web site builder should allow you to fill out an alt tag text box when you click the image. And if you’re wondering how to tag it, keywords will provide optimal results.
· Set a Caption: A caption allows you to use a few words to describe what’s in the photo. If your web site builder has this feature, it’s best to use it.
· Set a Title Attribute: Your title attribute should integrate keywords as well. As an added bonus, make your image into a link so it clicks directly on your product page or on an affiliate’s product page. If you link it to an affiliate’s page and it generates any sales, you could make some extra bucks, if you have an agreement in place beforehand.
Another thing a web content solution service will offer is analytics.
Analytics are used to determine which pages are performing best on your web site. They will be effective in providing information on where your clicks are coming from and what’s driving conversions.
Once a service has this information, they can rework your web site so your content is optimized for search engines and brings in more traffic. They will eliminate content that’s not working and help you create more content that’s generating sales..
When it comes to social media, a content marketing solution service will help you create engaging posts and publish them at optimal times to help you bring in more customers, but they will take it a step further.
Expert companies will be aware of each platform’s latest tools and algorithms. For instance, many social media services now allow you to create shoppable and buyable posts which are great for boosting conversions. A content marketing solution service will make sure all your products and services are easy to shop and easy to buy.
They may also take advantage of VR elements that are being unleashed on Facebook. They will be familiar with LinkedIn Programmatic Display ads and Pinterest Rich Pins. They will know what content is likely to appear on the top of pages and what’s likely to get buried.
They will also work to create effective ads that will bring in customers.
Essentially, a solutions service will be on top of the latest social media developments and they will determine what will work best for your company. Then they will figure out the optimal way to put strategies into action.
Speed and Layout
A content marketing solution service will also work with your web site design to make it SEO optimized.
In terms of SEO, there are several important factors when it comes to web site design, but two of the most crucial are speed and adaptability.
Speed is important for obvious reasons. If a consumer comes across your web site and it isn’t loading quickly, they might go to a competitor before it even has time to fully pop up in their browser. Additionally, a faster website will also increase your search engine rankings.
In terms of adaptability, you want a website that works across several platforms and devices. When someone looks up your business, you want them to see it as clearly on their mobile phone as they can on their desktop. With so many mobile users accessing the web from their phones and portable devices, this just makes sense. And it is another factor that will boost SEO
Content Marketing Services vs. Content Marketing Solutions
If you’ve been following this article, it’s clear at this point that we have a winner. While both content marketing services and content marketing solutions can get you great content, solutions will help boost your SEO to ensure that content is working for you in every way possible. Which will you be integrating into your business strategies?